Academics Marking System
Loudonville Christian School uses the following five-letter grade scale:
A = Excellent 90% or above
B = Good 80 - 89%
C = Fair 70 - 79%
D = Unsatisfactory 66 - 69%
F = Failure 65% or below
Fifth- through 12th-graders receive their grades in numerical form. In grades 7 through 12, students receive grades for all classes, including electives.
Secondary School Final Exams
The secondary school (grades 7-12) administers comprehensive final examinations for all academic classes. The examination score comprises 20% of the student's grade. All secondary school students are required to attend final exam week.
For courses covered by a Regents exam:
- LCS will administer a practice test during final exam week. This practice test score will count toward the student's fourth quarter grade.
- All enrolled students will take the Regents exam, which will count as the final exam.
- When a student retakes a Regents exam, either by choice or as required by failure, only the highest of the exam test scores will be recorded on the student's official transcript. This score will be used to calculate the student's grade point average.
For Advaced Placement courses:
- The AP examination will be administered on the designated day.
- A teacher-generated cumulative final exam will be given soon thereafter.
- Another test will be given during final exam week and will cover the material taught after the cumulative exam, This test will count as a unit exam.
No final examination will be given for the Senior Bible or English courses due to the nature of these courses.
For courses that are exclusively accelerated, a student's final average will be increased by 8 percent because the demands and expectations of these courses exceed those of grade level courses. The high school transcripts will show both weighted and non-weighted grade point averages.
View Upcoming Events
"To cultivate a passion for God’s will, a love of learning and joy in serving, fostering creativity, knowledge and character with a global perspective, impacting the world for Christ. That we be imitators of God in pursuit of Him, loving others, doing all things as unto the Lord, transforming the world according to His will."