Athletics - Participation Guidelines
Athletic & Co-curricular Policies
Eligibility Policy for Athletic and Co-curricular Programs
The purpose of this policy is as follows:
- To establish qualifications for participating in athletic and co-curricular activities.
- To provide motivation to keep academic performance high.
- To aid students in balancing the various aspects of their lives.
Loudonville Christian's basic beliefs regarding eligibility for participation include:
- Academic/intellectual/spiritual development is the primary focus of Loudonville Christian School.
- Students represent the school and should reflect Loudonville Christian School in the best light.
- Students are motivated by eligibility standards to maintain academic performance.
- Standards should be enforced firmly and consistently.
- Students who are heavily involved in and outside of school must learn to budget time and set priorities.
- Participation in co-curricular and athletic programs is essential to becoming well-rounded persons, but they are a privilege that accompanies good academic performance.
Academic Eligibility Policy
A minimum grade average of 66 must be maintained in order to participate in interscholastic athletics and Loudonville Christian productions, as well as to hold office in student government, organizations and clubs. A failing grade results in a student being suspended from participation until the next marking period.
Any student who is failing a course at the time of progress reports or report cards will not be eligible to participate in any sport until the next formal grading period.
Any student who has failed a course at the previous marking period, including June, is ineligible to participate in a sport the following season.
View Upcoming Events
"To cultivate a passion for God’s will, a love of learning and joy in serving, fostering creativity, knowledge and character with a global perspective, impacting the world for Christ. That we be imitators of God in pursuit of Him, loving others, doing all things as unto the Lord, transforming the world according to His will."