We haven’t lost a beat...our investment in our children is still being held up in excellence. We are blessed that we have our plan in place.
Distance Learning Goal
The objective of LCS' Distance Learning Plan is for the school to continue to provide an effective education for students in the event of an emergency in both the short and long-term. The Distance Learning Plan (DLP) describes LCS' approach to distance learning; the avenues we will use for communication; the technology systems we will employ by division; guidelines for how parents/guardians can support their children’s learning; and considerations tailored to make the best of challenging circumstances. This plan is the product of collaboration with colleagues at our school and at other international schools around the world.
Learning that is Meaningful
LCS specifically uses the term distance learning rather than technology-specific labels such as “virtual learning,” “e-learning,” or “online classes.” This choice reflects our conviction that quality learning can occur at a distance beyond sole reliance on computers. LCS' goal with distance learning is for students to engage in authentic learning experiences, while maintaining a sense of community, a strong commitment to faith, and continuing to be physically active individuals who make an impact on the world around them!
Student Roles & Responsibilities
• Establish & follow daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences
• Identify a comfortable, quiet space in your home where you can work effectively and successfully
• Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty, doing your best work
• Communicate proactively with your teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support
• Collaborate and support your peers in their learning
• Proactively seek out and communicate with other adults at ISB as different needs arise