Starting September, 2020, LCS will continue the mission of educating students to impact the world. All day. Every day.
Dear LCS Community,
Loudonville Christian School has been working diligently to develop a reentry strategy that prepares our school to operate in the most relational environment allowed while keeping the health and safety of our community as our number one priority. In all cases our reopening plan meets or exceeds all requirements from NYS Education Department and Department of Health.
In preparing our campus to support students in the fall of 2020, we recognize that this school year will look different than those before it. Although there are new procedures and precautions, we remain committed to our mission of providing excellence in education that allows your child to grow academically, spiritually, socially and physically to navigate and influence the world for the glory of God.
As we enter this year, we are confident in this: we serve a Mighty God who is not shaken by a changing terrain. He holds all things, and we can find no better place to be than in the center of His grip!
Thad Gaebelein, Head of School
Our Life on Campus
In order to achieve our educational goals, the community as a whole, faculty, staff, administration, students, parents, and families, depends on the shared commitment to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the coming weeks and year ahead. To properly safeguard our community, we continue to adhere to specific health precautions and safety procedures in accordance with the NY State Department of Health and Department of Education.
LCS has appointed a Healthcare Coordinator who works closely with the LCS Administration in the implementation, monitoring, and communication of our procedures.
Community Health and Wellness
Masks & Social Distancing
- All persons are required to wear masks when entering the building.
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to wear masks when entering the building, in the hallways, and at times when social distancing is unable to occur.
- Faculty will wear masks during instruction when social distancing is unable to occur.
- Masks will be worn in all common areas.
- When passing in the hallways, faculty and students will remain to the right to avoid clustering.
Daily Check-in & Screenings
- All students are required to complete a daily check-in (screening, questionnaire, etc.) through the PikMyKid application for submission before arriving at school each day.
- If a student's temperature is 100 degrees F, or above, the student must stay home from school.
- Employees of LCS must complete and submit a daily health screening questionnaire and temperature check before the start of each day.
- Visitors to campus will also be required to have a temperature check and complete a health screening questionnaire.
- We encourage frequent handwashing and sanitizing measures throughout the day.
- All students, faculty, and staff are asked to follow standard personal hygiene measures/respiratory etiquette.
- Classrooms are supplied with hand sanitizer, disinfectant, and gloves.
- Water fountain stations are closed other than bottle-filling stations.
- Merv 13 air filtration system is installed throughout the building.
- A 360 electrostatic sprayer used daily to disinfect the building after school hours.
- Bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- All classrooms are thoroughly disinfected before and after school.
- High touch areas are cleaned throughout the day.
- Ventilation practices are incorporated throughout the day.
Tracing & Communication
- In the event there is a positive case identified on our campus, LCS will work with the local health department to perform contact tracing and provide appropriate communication to the LCS community.
Return to School Protocol
For details regarding absences due to COVID-19 related symptoms and your child's safe return to school, please refer to our Return to School Protocol document.
Academic & Daily Operations
LCS is pleased to continue in-person instruction every day for all grade levels! The following outlines the procedures for daily operations:
In the Classroom
Pre-K & Kindergarten
- All tables are outfitted with plastic dividers to allow students to learn and interact without needing to wear masks while seated.
- Specials will come to the classroom when possible.
Lower School (Grades 1-6)
- Classrooms either have 6 ft spacing of desks or plastic dividers installed to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Masks are optional when students are socially distanced.
- Grades will stay with their cohort throughout the day when possible.
- Specials will come to classrooms when possible.
Upper School (Grades 7-12)
- Each classroom has a maximum seating capacity that allows for social distancing. When classes exceed the maximum capacity allowed for appropriate social distancing, synchronous learning via live video conferencing is provided in overflow classrooms and monitored by faculty for students beyond the capacity.
- Students engaging in synchronous learning in the overflow environment are identified on a rotational basis.
- Students eat lunches in their designated classrooms.
- Faculty will require students to wash their hands/use sanitizer before and after eating.
- Sharing food and beverages is prohibited.
- LCS still offers hot lunches that are prepared on campus with safety measures in place (appropriate cleaning & disinfecting measures, masks, and gloves, etc.).
- Pre-K to 6th grades continue to have recess on a daily basis in a safe way.
- Faculty will encourage activities where mask wearing is minimized.
- Students need to wear masks when social distancing is unable to occur.
- During the second half of lunch, upper school students are permitted to leave their designated lunch classroom and go outside, to the gym, etc. as directed. Students are required to wear masks during this time.
Athletics & Co-Curricular Activities
- As of September 24, 2020, the CHVL elected to move both volleyball and soccer to commence, March of 2021.
- LCS is offering cross country at the varsity level as an interscholastic sport for boys and girls.
- LCS is holding co-curricular activities that can operate within the health and wellness parameters of our school community.
- Volleyball Club and Soccer Club is available after school hours to students in grades 7 to 12. This season runs from September 28 to November 5th.
- Elementary Clubs, for PK to 6th grade, are offered in Fall (Cooking & Coding), Winter (Skiing & Art), and Spring (Music & Lego).