To cultivate a passion for God’s will, a love of learning and joy in serving, fostering creativity, knowledge and character with a global perspective, impacting the world for Christ.
That we be imitators of God in pursuit of Him, loving others, doing all things as unto the Lord, transforming the world according to His will.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30, 37-38)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33), in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26, 9:12), in His miracles (John 2:11), in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; Hebrews 2:9), in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and in His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for his salvation (Romans 3:10, 23; John 3:16-19, 5:24, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5-6).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Ephesians 4:30, 5:18; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the creation of mankind (distinctly man and woman) by the direct breath of God (Genesis 1:26-28; 5:1-2).
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive covenant union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25) and that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to one another, and that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity is engaged in outside of marriage. (Genesis 1:27-28, 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-9; Mark 10:5-9; Ephesians 5:22-33).
- We believe that God offers forgiveness, redemption, and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Christ Jesus (1 John 1:9).
- We believe that everyone must be afforded compassion, love, grace, kindness, respect, and dignity (Matthew 7:12; Philippians 2:3).
Parents who choose to enroll their children at Loudonville Christian School understand that the school will teach these principles and Biblical values.
Statement of Education Philosophy
Loudonville Christian School is an auxiliary organization of the Loudonville Community Church. The purpose of the school is to come alongside parents to give their children a Christian education. This is in keeping with the intent of the founders of the school who wanted to offer a God-centered education with high academic standards. One can learn from the Scriptures what one needs to know about the person and work of God as Father, Son, and Spirit, and how to relate all of reality to Him (Psalm 19:1-2 and 2 Timothy 3:15-17). Because of sin and its effects upon the human race, the student does not naturally know, love, or serve God. The student must be born again by receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and thus enabled to do God’s will, which is the ultimate purpose of life. The student finds that “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” (Proverbs 1:7, I Corinthians 2:14, and 2 Corinthians 5:17).
Loudonville Christian School (LCS) is an evangelical Christian school serving children of Christian families in the Capital Region of New York State. Our students come from more than 70 churches and over 35 school districts. LCS is wholeheartedly committed to academic excellence and effective Christian ministry.
LCS is an auxiliary organization of Loudonville Community Church (LCC), created by virtue of a congregational resolution that outlines the organizational structure for the governance and administration of the school. LCS is also separately incorporated and fully recognized as an educational institution by New York State. The School Board is a policy-making body that has fiduciary responsibility for the operation of LCS. It is accountable to the Elder Board of LCC in limited, specified areas. The Head of the School administers the School under the supervision of the School Board.
From modest beginnings in 1955 as a Nursery School, LCS has developed into a school with a nationwide reputation for excellence. In 1960, the School launched an Elementary School and initiated the High School with Grade Nine in 1995. An additional grade was added each year, culminating in 1999 with the graduation of our first senior class. In 2010, LCS celebrated 50 years of academic excellence and effective Christian ministry. Now, we are formulating plans for the continued expansion of our School program and increased student enrollment.
The facilities, academic program, curriculum, co-curricular program, faculty and staff, equipment and materials, and other components of the School's program are well established and respected. There is evidence of appropriate policies, godly governance, and effective planning and professional administration. LCS effectively ministers to children and their families, and many testify to finding the Lord, being built up in their faith, and to the strong academic preparation the receive at LCS.
LCS serves students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12, and currently has an enrollment of more than 250 students. The School enjoys a positive reputation with the New York State Education Department, and is accredited through the Association of Christian Schools International and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. LCS is also known and respected in the local community. This is a tribute to the founders, leaders and supporters the Lord has raised up to develop the School.
Today, LCS educates its student body in an accredited program taught by competent, certified Christian teachers who help Christian parents "train up children in the way they should go " (Proverbs 22:6).
The Elementary and Secondary levels at Loudonville Christian School are accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International and by the Middle States Commission. Loudonville Christian School’s High School is a New York State Registered High School. New York State does not have a registration program for elementary schools. The State of New York does not require pre-kindergarten programs to be registered. Rather, the LCS prekindergarten program is self-monitored for compliance with all state regulations.
Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father. Colossians 3:16-17 (NLT)