That we be imitators of God in pursuit of Him, loving others, doing all things as unto the Lord, transforming the world according to His will.
Therefore, be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave himself up for us, an offering and sacrifice as a fragrant aroma.
To cultivate a passion for God’s will, a love of learning and joy in serving, fostering creativity, knowledge and character with a global perspective, impacting the world for Christ.
Whatever you do, do your work heartily as for the Lord rather than for men...
Loudonville Christian School (LCS) is an evangelical Christian school serving children of Christian families in the Capital Region of New York State. Our students come from more than 55 churches and over 35 school districts. LCS is wholeheartedly committed to academic excellence and effective Christian ministry.
LCS is an auxiliary organization of Loudonville Community Church (LCC), created by virtue of a congregational resolution that outlines the organizational structure for the governance and administration of the school. LCS is also separately incorporated and fully recognized as an educational institution by New York State. The School Board is a policy-making body that has fiduciary responsibility for the operation of LCS. It is accountable to the Elder Board of LCC in limited, specified areas. The Head of the School administers the School under the supervision of the School Board.
From modest beginnings in 1955 as a Nursery School, LCS has developed into a school with a nationwide reputation for excellence. In 1960, the School launched an Elementary School and initiated the High School with Grade Nine in 1995. An additional grade was added each year, culminating in 1999 with the graduation of our first senior class. In 2010, LCS celebrated 50 years of academic excellence and effective Christian ministry. Now, we are formulating plans for the continued expansion of our School program and increased student enrollment.
The facilities, academic program, curriculum, co-curricular program, faculty and staff, equipment and materials, and other components of the School's program are well established and respected. There is evidence of appropriate policies, godly governance, and effective planning and professional administration. LCS effectively ministers to children and their families, and many testify to finding the Lord, being built up in their faith, and to the strong academic preparation the receive at LCS.
LCS serves students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12, and currently has an enrollment of 250 students. The School enjoys a positive reputation with the New York State Education Department, and is accredited through the the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. LCS is also known and respected in the local community. This is a tribute to the founders, leaders and supporters the Lord has raised up to develop the School.
Today, LCS educates its student body in an accredited program taught by competent, certified Christian teachers who help Christian parents "train up children in the way they should go " (Proverbs 22:6).
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible Word of God, fully authoritative in matters of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30, 37-38)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33-36), in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26, 9:12), in His miracles (John 2:11), and in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; Hebrews 2:9), in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), in His ascension to the right hand of God the Father (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:9; Hebrews 1:3), and in His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (Romans 3:10, 23; John 3:16-19, 5:24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5-6)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Ephesians 3:16, 4:30; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
Statement of Purpose
The purposes for which the Loudonville Christian School has been established are as follows:
- To provide a thorough academic education with high scholastic standards, integrated with an evangelical Christian view of God and the world.
- To offer a program which will meet the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, cultural and artistic needs of the students.
- To help young people mature in such a way that they will develop lives of useful service to Christ, the church and mankind.
- To cooperate with other Christian efforts, including the church and the home, having similar purposes.
Statement of Lifestyle
Loudonville Christian School stands firmly upon the historical truth claims and moral foundations of Christianity. These truth claims include, but are not limited to, the biblical definition of marriage, the attendant boundaries of sexuality and moral conduct, and the clear biblical teaching that gender is both sacred and established by God’s design.
We believe that the Bible teaches that human life is sacred in God’s sight. Murder, suicide, euthanasia, and abortion are offenses against the sanctity of human life. (Genesis 9:5-6; Psalm 139:13; Matthew 19:18-19; Romans 13:8-10)
We believe that the Bible reveals that God created marriage as the union of one man and one woman joined together in an exclusive, lifelong relationship. (Genesis 2:18-25) The Bible makes it clear that God frowns upon divorce, and that divorce is acceptable only in certain limited circumstances. Offenses against marriage and the family such as domestic violence and child abuse are displeasing to God, in addition to being punishable by the state. (Ephesians 5:22-6:4) The Bible teaches that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between one man and one woman who are married to one another, and the Bible clearly directs that no sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage. (Genesis 1:27-28, 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-9; Mark 10:5-9; 1 Corinthians 6:18-20; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8) Furthermore, no definition of marriage other than the union of one man and one woman shall be recognized at Loudonville Christian School.
We believe that the Bible further teaches that God created humankind, male and female. It is impossible for a person to truly change his/her sex. The assertion of a gender identity different from one’s biological sex is fundamentally at odds with God’s creative intent for a person’s life, as is the assertion of a sexual identity that departs from heterosexuality. (Genesis 1:26-28, 5:1-2)
We believe that the Bible teaches that God offers forgiveness, redemption, and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (1 John 1:9) Loudonville Christian School believes that every person must be afforded compassion, love, grace, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Matthew 7:12; Philippians 2:1-4)
Loudonville Christian School adheres to these Biblically-based beliefs and considers them essential to our identity as a Christian school. Parents who choose to enroll their children at Loudonville Christian School understand that the School will teach these principles and biblical values.
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. Luke 2:52 (NIV)