The art program at Loudonville Christian School offers students, K-12, the opportunity to explore and discover their God given creative gifts and learn beyond the core curriculum. Instruction is based on the New York State Learning Standards for the Arts.
LCS provides a platform for students to develop professional art skills while gaining an appreciation for the arts. In addition to learning techniques in drawing, painting, and ceramic, our program incorporates the study of art history and the elements and principles of art in every grade level.
Our art room maintains a safe and open environment that fosters the artist inside every student. The visual arts program is a huge part of student life here at Loudonville Christian School.
Art in the Community
- Community art show displayed at William Sanford Town Library 7-12th grade
- Student work displayed and used for school event brochures throughout the year
- Visual arts card contest in the Times Union Art Competition
- Community outreach using art to bring a smile. We create cards for local nursing homes.
- 4th- 6th Colonie Art League
- National Congressional Art Competition grades 9-12th
- Creative Art Bake Sale contest
- Field Trips to Museums
Frequency of Classes
- Elementary students K-6 receive classes 2 times per week.
- 7th and 8th grade students receive classes 2 times per week.
- 9th-12th grade students receive classes 2-3 times per week. High school students must complete one unit of art to receive their high school diploma. At this level students take art as an elective.